Linksys AC1200 Dual-Band WiFi Extender
Live Chat with our experts & get real-time answers to all your queries.
Call us to discuss your Linksys issues with our experts and get the solution.
The Linksys AC1200 Dual-Band WiFi Extender is a wireless networking device that helps to resolve the several issues that you are facing with your existing WiFi network. It mainly helps with extending the network range and eliminating the WiFi dead spots from your space. Like many other extender models that Linksys sells, the AC1200 dual-band WiFi device operates on both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, allowing for faster data transfer speeds and reduced interference.
This high-performance WiFi range extender is compatible with any router or access point that supports Wi-Fi, making it easy to set up and use. There are a few Linksys AC1200 dual-band WiFi extender setup options including app-based setup, web-based setup, and WPS setup. The WPS setup option is the easiest option that Linksys has provided to its users. You can pick this to avoid unwanted hassles during the Linksys AC1200 setup.
Top Features of Linksys AC1200 Extender
A wide range of advanced and innovative features are included in the Linksys AC1200 dual-band WiFi extender device. These features make this device the top choice of many homeowners and office owners. Some of the top features of the device include:
- Dual-Band Connectivity: The AC1200 operates on both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands, which means you can get faster data transfer speeds and reduced interference.
- Ethernet Ports: The built-in Ethernet port lets you connect wired devices to your network, such as a gaming console or smart TV.
- Signal Strength Indicator: The AC1200 has a signal strength indicator that helps you find the best location for your extender to get the best possible signal.
- Spot Finder Technology: This feature helps you find the best location for your extender by using your smartphone or tablet.
- Universal Compatibility: The Linksys AC1200 dual-band range extender is compatible with any wireless networking system that supports Wi-Fi.
- Easy & Quick Setup: The extender comes with a quick Linksys extender login & setup guide and can be set up in just a few minutes using a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Higher WiFi Speed: The AC1200 supports wireless speeds of up to 1200Mbps, which is great for streaming high-definition video and playing online games.
Setting Up Your Linksys AC1200 Dual-Band WiFi Extender
Setting up a wireless WiFi device is a mandatory process regardless of the brand you are using. If you have got a brand new Linksys AC1200 dual-band WiFi Extender device, you have got multiple options to set up your device.
The first and easiest option is WPS which stands for WiFi Protected Setup. This is a go-to setup pick for any Linksys Range Extender user as there is not much effort required to execute and complete the setup using this method. The second setup Linksys extender login & setup option that you’ve got is the web-based setup. It is also called a manual Linksys AC1200 setup process. It is a bit complex but you can execute this process correctly with the right guidance. The third and last setup option that you get with a Linksys AC1200 WiFi Extender is the app-based setup. This is the recommended option by Linksys. If you are using any latest Linksys range extender models, you should consider this option.
Linksys AC1200 Setup Using the WPS Button
The easiest and quickest way to set up the Linksys AC1200 dual-band WiFi extender is by using the WPS button. Here are the steps you are required to follow after opting to go with this setup option.
- Plug the Linksys AC1200 WiFi Range Extender into a power socket near your router.
- Ensure that your range extender has the proper power supply.
- Press the WPS button first on your existing wireless router and wait for a few seconds.
- Press the WPS button on the Linksys AC1200 extender within 2 minutes.
- After that, wait for the LED light on your AC1200 range extender to get stable.
- Restart your Linksys AC1200 extender and then connect it to your device to enjoy uninterrupted online gaming and streaming.
Linksys AC1200 Setup Using a Web Browser
Another way to configure your Linksys AC1200 WiFi range extender is by using a web browser on your computer or mobile device. If your existing router doesn’t have a WPS button on it, you can go with this Linksys AC1200 setup option. Here are the steps that you need to implement while setting up your Linksys AC1200 dual-band WiFi extender:
- Plug your AC1200 range extender into a power outlet that is working.
- Connect your computer, mobile, or tablet device to the extender’s default wireless network. You can find the network name in the quick installation guide or at the bottom of the device.
- Tap on the icon of a web browser that you usually use and then visit the Linksys AC1200 setup page.
- Now, all you need to do is to proceed ahead in the process as per the given instructions. This will help complete the Linksys extender login and setup.
- Once you complete the Linksys AC1200 setup process, power cycle your AC1200 WiFi device and then connect your devices to the newly set up wireless extender network.
Linksys AC1200 Setup Using the Linksys App
The Linksys App is a free mobile app that can help you set up and manage your extender from your smartphone or tablet. There are several functions that you can perform using the Linksys app.
But, if you wish to complete the Linksys AC1200 dual-band WiFi extender setup, you need to consider the following setup steps:
- First, if you don’t have the official Linksys app installed on your mobile phone, download and install.
- Second, make sure that before you start your Linksys AC1200 setup process, your router and extender are within close distance.
- Connect one of the devices that you wish to utilize to the extender’s default wireless network name.
- Open the Linksys App on your device and follow the instructions as given. This will help set up your Linksys AC1200 dual-band WiFi extender successfully.
Consider These Points During Linksys AC1200 Setup
To achieve an error-free Linksys ac1200 setup process, you must keep in mind and implement some useful points. These will surely help you prevent issues during and after the setup. Foremost of all, make sure to place the extender closer to the existing router and also choose the nearest power socket. Additionally, keep your house’s electrical appliances including refrigerators, microwave ovens, and 2.4 GHz cordless phones away from both devices.
Apart from that, ensure to have a reliable, stable, and strong connection between your device and the extender. Also, try choosing a compatible device that you will connect with the extender for your Linksys ac1200 setup. Besides that, your Linksys extender must be in its factory default state, and if it is not, then make it first, by performing its reset process. Finally, start the Linksys ac1200 setup from scratch, once you delete the older changes of your extender.
Optimize The Linksys AC1200 Extender Performance
For the maximized performance of your extender, updated firmware plays a crucial role. So, it will be beneficial for you to keep it up-to-date every time and update it on time.
For this process, you can check the Linksys manufacturer’s website and get the latest firmware file for your extender. As you complete the updating process, there will be a noticeable improvement in signal transmission.
Contact Us For Professional Linksys AC1200 Extender Setup Assistance
Although all the Linksys extender login and setup options we have explained here are easy to perform, you may still encounter certain issues. If you find yourself stuck in the middle of the Linksys AC1200 WiFi extender setup, get in touch with us. They will resolve all your queries within a matter of minutes. Find our contact details at the top left of this page and feel free to get in touch with our technical support experts.
Common Linksys Wifi Extender Setups
Some Issues You Might Face
- Linksys Extender Not working
- Linksys Blinking Red Light Issue
- Fix Linksys Blinking Orange Light
- Fix Linksys Yellow Light Issue
- Linksys Blinking Green Light issue
- Linksys App Not Working
- Linksys WiFi Extender Not Working
- Velop App Not Working
- Velop Devices Not Connecting To Closest Node
- Linksys Velop Connected But No Internet
- Linksys Velop Red Light Issue
If you are facing any issues then please contact us, and we will be happy to help you.