Linksys AX1800 Setup
Live Chat with our experts & get real-time answers to all your queries.
Call us to discuss your Linksys issues with our experts and get the solution.
By doing the Linksys AX1800 setup process you will easily extend the range of the existing router’s WiFi signal. The installation process of this extender device is so easy.
By three methods you can do the AX1800 extender setup process by the WPS button, by using the web browser, and by the extender pin. Read this page carefully to learn all the information about these three methods.
Linksys AX1800 Gadget Overview
The LED which is located at the front of the Linksys AX1800 extender device provides you information about turning on/off, updating, and its WiFi signal strength.
|Stable blue LED||The device is perfectly turned on and is ready to use.|
|Blinking blue LED||Gadget is starting up.|
|Stable Orange For Two Minutes||During the time of the WPS method process if the stable orange LED starts flashing solid for two minutes then it means the WPS pairing is unsuccessful.|
|Blinking Blue LED||The WiFi-protected system method is in the progress|
Side View Of Linksys AX1800 Device
At the side of this Linksys extender device, you can see the two mutton WPS and reset hole buttons. With the help of the WPS button, you can easily connect your extender to any host router. On the other hand, pressing the extender reset hole button can fix the issue.
Visit Linksys Extender Web Management Page
- Initially, settle the Linksys AX1800 extender power plug into a power socket.
- Now, wait for a short while to stabilise the LED indicator light.
- Next, join your computer to the Linksys AX1800 range extender ethernet port by network cable.
- After that, open navigation and enter the default web address extender.linksys.com.
- Further, fill in all the relevant information which are shown on the Linksys RE6300 extender login page.
- Make sure to leave the username field empty and write ‘admin’ in the security password field. Then tap on login.
How To Do Linksys AX1800 Setup
There are two ways to do the configuration process of Linksys range extender: As a wireless or a wired range extender method. Wireless range WiFi extender repeats the existing WiFi signals. On the other hand, wired range extenders make a new WiFi hotspot, when you connect your router or access point with the help of an ethernet wire. Make sure both methods will require the router with a working internet connection.
Configure Linksys AX1800 Extender- WPS Method
Note: Does your existing router support the WPS button? If your router does not support this button then you can’t do this method. So we suggest you don’t waste your time on this method and follow another method.
First, you will need to locate your Linksys AX1800 extender power plug into an electrical power socket. Now, press the WPS button on the extender and host router. Now the Linksys extender device LED changes the colour. As a result, it means your extender and router successfully connect with each other.
Install Linksys AX1800 Extender- Web Browser
Try this web browser method if you fail to connect the extender to the router by the WPS button.
- First, place the Linksys extender power plug in a wall socket.
- After that, connect your computer to the Linksys extender network with the help of an ethernet cable.
- Now, open a web browser and enter the extender.linksys.com web address.
- Fill in the login credentials such as username and security password which are shown on the on-screen page.
- In the end, follow all the Linksys AX1800 setup page instructions step by step. If you get stuck on any point then contact our team experts.
Attach By User Device Pin
- First, you will need to fill in the PIN from the user device in the field of the range extender WPS screen.
- Tap on the register on the Linksys AX1800 range extender WPS screen.
- In the end, within two minutes hit OK on the range extender WPS screen.
How To Visit Site-Survey
The site survey provides you with a snapshot of all the access points and the WiFi router within the range of the extender.
You will need to login into the Linksys extender settings or web management page with the help of the web browser. Then tap on the wireless tab and then the site survey page.
- SSID: The network name of the neighbour wireless network.
- Frequency band: You can easily see the GHz band of the neighbour WiFi network.
- Security: You can also check the security mode of the neighbour’s wireless network.
Troubleshoot Extender Issues
Linksys AX1800 extender supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands.
Unable To Connect Extender With Router
- Verify all the cable connections.
- Change the placement of the Linksys AX1800 extender.
- Use an upgraded web browser.
After trying the above solving tips, if the Linksys AX1800 extender issue is not solved then you will need to follow the lower advanced troubleshooting tips.
Upgrade Linksys AX1800 Extender Firmware
- Initially, visit the settings page of the Linksys AX1800 range extender.
- Then, you will need to select an administration option, and after that pick the Linksys extender firmware upgrade option.
- In the end, wait for a while to download the latest firmware file on your laptop or computer.
Reset Linksys AX1800 Range Extender Device
By pushing the reset hole button for 8 to 10 seconds you can easily fix the extender issue. The reset button is located at the side of the extender device.
Note: After completing the reset method you will need to do the Linksys AX1800 setup process again.
In case during the Linksys AX1800 setup process, you get stuck on any point then you will need to contact our Linksys team experts by dropping your query on our email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contact on this phone number +1 716-992-6370.
Common Linksys Wifi Extender Setups
Some Issues You Might Face
- Linksys Extender Not working
- Linksys Blinking Red Light Issue
- Fix Linksys Blinking Orange Light
- Fix Linksys Yellow Light Issue
- Linksys Blinking Green Light issue
- Linksys App Not Working
- Linksys WiFi Extender Not Working
- Velop App Not Working
- Velop Devices Not Connecting To Closest Node
- Linksys Velop Connected But No Internet
- Linksys Velop Red Light Issue
If you are facing any issues then please contact us, and we will be happy to help you.