Linksys WiFi Extender Not Working-Troubleshooting Steps
Live Chat with our experts & get real-time answers to all your queries.
Write to our experts and they will get to you in the least possible time.
Do you currently have a Linksys WiFi extender not working? Today’s consumers frequently run into problems like Linksys extenders won’t connect to the internet or other problems. Despite being some of the best and most genuine range extenders on the market. When your Linksys extender isn’t working, we entirely understand how aggravating it is.
When you are currently completing bandwidth-intensive chores, this is more difficult to handle. If you consistently run into the same problems, then this blog is for you. We’ll talk about how to resolve the problem if your Linksys extender won’t connect or isn’t functioning properly today. But first, let’s talk about some of the key causes of the most typical problems. In the future, you may be able to experience this.
Causes Why Linksys WiFi Extender Not Working
Here are a few of the most typical causes for Linksys extenders not functioning properly or connecting to the internet.
- Out-of-date software.
- The distance between the repeater and the host router is pretty far.
- No electricity.
- Your extender’s power supply is insufficient.
- The network of your primary router is not accessible to the internet.
- Last but not the least, Regular network drops.
Fix Your Linksys WiFi Extender Not Working Issue?
It’s time to fix every issue. You’re having with your Linksys range repeater at this point. Make sure you carefully follow the instructions to prevent any issues:
Restart The Modem, Router, and WiFi Extender:
- First, you need to remove the plugs from your Linksys extender, router, and modem also.
- Afterward, leave the gadgets for only 5 minutes.
- Reconnect each device to its corresponding outlet.
- Turn on all of the gadgets.
- Now see if the Linksys extender is still unable to link to the internet.
- If not, continue with the subsequent steps.
Check Out The Complete WiFi Network:
- You must now examine every physical connection between every device.
- Start by inspecting the Ethernet wire. Does it have the right plug?
- After that, check to see if any wires have symptoms of deterioration.
- Ensure that the modem’s internet light is on.
- Call your internet provider if it isn’t.
- Please make sure that the main router and the extender are not too far apart.
- Aquariums, other household equipment, and high walls should not be placed next to the extension.
Update Firmware Of Your Linksys Extender:
- These steps should be followed if the Linksys WiFi extender is still not functioning.
- First, obtain the correct firmware for your extender on the Linksys support website.
- On the website, you must enter your model number to obtain the most recent firmware.
- Now go to extender.linksys.com and log in to the Linksys extender.
- To access your device then after, use your username and password.
- Once there, select Browse from the Firmware upgrade menu.
- Choose the newly downloaded file, then permit the gadget to upgrade its firmware.
- Last but not least, verify whether or not your extension has begun to function correctly.
- However, do the following actions if the Linksys extender is having trouble connecting to the internet.
Reset Your Linksys WiFi Extender:
- If nothing else succeeds, you must finally reset the WiFi repeater.
- Your Linksys WiFi range extender’s reset switch or button should be pressed and held down.
- For at least 20 seconds, keep pressing the button.
- After you remove the button, give your device a few minutes to reset to its default settings.
- Rearrange the network settings on the Linksys extension to use the primary router.
- Your problem should be resolved by now.
Note: After the reset process you need to set up your Linksys WiFi extender again.
Linksys Extender Setup Process
Use the device’s default URL “extender.Linksys.com” to log in and configure Linksys extender for use with your primary router’s network. Connect your device to the network of the router by going to the Linksys extender setup process. This time, pay close attention to the on-screen directions. Once the device has been successfully installed, be careful to set it up in an area with weak wireless connections.
Through The WPS Method Setup Your Linksys Device:
To set up extender.linksys.com utilizing the WPS button, go to the tips listed below.
- Make sure the WPS button is present on your current router before you start.
- While setting up the extender without logging into Linksys.com, ensure the router and the repeater are in the same room.
- Turn on the extension and plug it into an accessible outlet.
- Watch for the extender’s power LED to turn solid amber.
- Next, find and hit the WPS button on the Linksys device’s side or back panel.
- After waiting for the link LED to flicker for a minute, hit the WPS button on the router.
Using 192.168.1.1, Configure Your Linksys Extender
The web-based utility technique can be used to configure a Linksys extender. All you have to do is place it close to your home router. Connect it to power, and go to extender.linksys.com. Configure a Linksys extender using either the extender.Linksys setup page or extender.linksys.com, follow the instructions listed below.
- The extension must now be connected to a power source using the power adapter as the initial step.
- Next, use an Ethernet cable to connect the extender to the computer system.
- Now, enter 192.168.1.1 or extender.linksys.com in the browser’s address bar to access the Linksys extender configuration page.
- Change your browser if you are unable to view the Linksys setup page.
- Now, on the admin screen, input the Linksys extender login information and click the login button.
- You would then be prompted to select the setup method.
- The configuration will then begin when you select the range extender option.
- You must reload the browser if the extender.linksys.com’s setup page becomes unavailable.
- After that, complete the Linksys extender configuration by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
- Once finished, use the Spot Finder to locate a suitable location to set up your extender.
- To obtain the strongest possible signal. It is suggested that the extender be positioned midway between the router and the dead spots.
That concludes the troubleshooting steps you must do if your Linksys WiFi extender is not working as well. We genuinely hope that our post can assist you in resolving any device-related problems. However, if you continue to experience problems or require assistance, kindly contact a knowledgeable support team.