Linksys Velop Setup “Connect And Enjoy Lightning-Quick WiFi”
Live Chat with our experts & get real-time answers to all your queries.
Call Us to discuss your Linksys issues with our experts and get the solution.
The Linksys Velop is a mesh WiFi system that allows you to create a strong and reliable wireless network in your home. Linksys Velop setup process involves a series of steps. Users can either use a mobile device or a computer to setup Velop nodes. Mobile device users (iOS and Android) can use the Linksys app for the setup. The app is available for iOS and Android devices. You can create up to fifteen wireless networks using the Linksys Velop app. Computer users can go for a Linksys Velop setup without app option which is web based setup.
Use the below-given Linksys Velop WiFi Mesh Setup steps in the exact order as per your device.
Linksys Velop Setup
Setting up your mesh WiFi network is simple through the Linksys Android app. The application provides a step-by-step guide for setting up the system, automatically identifying and connecting each node.
- Version 2.16.8 of the Linksys Android Application.
- Latest and up-to-date Android mobile device.
- A Linksys User account. You can create one in the app or at http://www.LinksysSmartWiFi.com.
- A good internet connection through a cable router or modem.
- First, download the Linksys app for Android from the Google Play Store.
- The size of the application is 43 MB and it requires Android 6.0 or above.
- Now, launch the app and follow the instructions to create an account.
- Wait for a solid purple light to appear after you turn on your node.
- Using the Linksys app, tap Setup a New WiFi Network once the light is solid purple.
- On the left, select Whole Home Mesh WiFi (Velop). Thereafter, you may need to turn on Bluetooth.
- Tap “Plugged in” to confirm. Click on Next after plugging in.
- Continue wiring according to the instructions. Choose a position for your node and tap Next.
- At the next step, select “It’s In the Open”.
- Now, complete the on-screen instructions.
- Check the light. If it starts to flash purple, tap Yes.
- Otherwise, choose No.
- If you have a Linksys cloud account, tap login.
- Or, create a new one.
- Use your current account credentials in the formal case.
- Follow the instruction to link the node to your cloud account.
- Change the name and settings to personalize your WiFi at http//extender.linksys.com.
- Success, you have setup the node.
Linksys Velop Setup From iOS Device “iPhone Users Pay Attention”
You can setup, use, and manage Velop with any smartphone or tablet using the Linksys application. However, setting up your Velop system is very easy by using the Linksys iOS app. A step-by-step guide is available for the Linksys Velop WiFi Mesh Setup process in the application. The application automatically identifies each node and connects them.
- Linksys iOS Application Version 2.16.8
- Up-to-date iOS device – iPhone or iPad.
- An active Linksys user account. You can create one in the app or at http://www.LinksysSmartWiFi.com.
- A stable internet connection via a modem or router.
- To begin, download the Linksys iOS app from the Apple Store.
- Having a 4.7 review rating, the size of the application is 107.9 MB.
- And it requires iOS 14.0 or later for both – iPhone and iPad.
- Follow the instructions to create an account once you launch the app.
- Upon turning your node on, wait for a solid purple light to appear.
- As soon as the purple light becomes solid, tap Setup a New WiFi Network.
- Go to the left and select Whole Home Mesh WiFi (Velop). Then turn on Bluetooth if necessary.
- Confirm your connection by tapping “Plugged in”. Continue to follow the wiring instructions.
- Relocate your node and click on “next’. Choose “The node is in the open”
- Thereafter, perform the instructions on the screen. Log in to your existing Linksys cloud account.
- Or, choose to create a new one. Link the node to your Linksys cloud account.
- Personalize your WiFi by changing the name and settings.
- Wait for this message – success, you have setup the node.
- Congrats, your new WiFi should now be ready to use.
Linksys Velop Setup Without App “The Classic Way”
Sometimes, you might face some issues with the Linksys app for setting up your Linksys Velop. But you don’t need to worry as you can also complete Linksys Velop Setup without App. If the Linksys app is stuck after connecting with the node. The application is not finding the modem. Linksys application can’t locate the node. If you witness an error while changing the settings in the app. If for any of these reasons you wish to setup your Linksys Velop system using a web browser, follow these steps.
Before you proceed:
- Keep a laptop or computer handy.
- Factory reset the node using the reset button.
- Hold and do not leave the button until you see one solid red flash.
- Use an ethernet cable to connect the modem to the node and leave the node ON.
Steps to Follow:
- To start Linksys Velop Setup Without App, Connect your Velop device first to a power source.
- Then, link one of the nodes with your modem.
- Use an Ethernet cord for this connection.
- Make sure that both devices are turned on.
- In case you’re unable to detect any internet connection on your Velop node, then check if all your cables are connected perfectly.
- If so, try rebooting the modem by unplugging and then plugging in the power cord back again after 30 seconds.
- Then wait for some time for the lights on the modem to blink normally again before checking if it’s working properly.
- Place all your Linksys Velop WiFi Mesh Setup nodes at different corners of your house.
- Make sure that there is an active connection between each node and a terminal device like computers or laptops so that they work efficiently.
- The LED lights on each node will turn solid blue when every node will have a perfect connection with each other.
- Through a computer, connect to your router’s WiFi network and launch a web browser.
- Enter the IP address of your router in the URL bar of your browser, then press Enter or Return.
- You can find this IP address on the back of your router.
- Log in to your Linksys Intelligent Mesh WiFi system using the default password (admin).
- Click on CA setup under Connectivity.
- Tap on “Setup a new device”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the setup.
Troubleshooting the Linksys Velop Setup Issues
The issues in above-mentioned Linksys Velop Setup can occur unexpectedly and stay for an uncertain time. To tackle these issues smartly and to get rid of them, troubleshooting is crucial. There are many different ways Linksys Velop users can troubleshoot their wireless WiFi devices. Here, we have explained a few ones that you can utilize to resolve the Linksys Velop Setup Without App and with app issues effectively and efficiently:
Linksys Velop Setup Without App Troubleshooting Hacks
- Before practicing any other hacks to resolve the Linksys Velop Setup Without App issue, run an internet speed test on your system to know whether you have a fast internet connection or not. If you don’t have a high-speed internet supply from your ISP to your host modem, you should talk to them straight away. They can only help you in this matter.
- Analyze the placement of your Linksys Velop device. Possibly, it is located a bit far from your host router or modem. If it is so, shift the Velop node a bit closer to your host device. This may help resolve the Linksys velop Setup issue.
- Check if there is any electronic device that can cause network interruption. Shift those devices from the place your Linksys Velop WiFi Mesh Setup is located and make sure there are no other interruptions within that place.
- Analyze the cablings and connections part to ensure that all devices are firmly connected. Any issue in the connection can be a major cause of interference in the process of Linksys Velop Setup Without App.
- Restart all the devices included in the setup operation. These devices are your Linksys Velop, host modem, and internet-enabled system.
Advanced Linksys Velop Setup Troubleshooting Steps
- The first advanced troubleshooting step for the Linksys Velop Setup Without App issue, check if the firmware of your Linksys Velop or host router device is updated or not. If you find a notification for the availability of the update, run the update straight away. It will not take much time for your Linksys Velop to get its software updated.
- Possibly, there are some issues in the WiFi configuration settings of your device. Check for the same and make sure that settings are correctly customized. You can take help from Linksys Customer Service Experts for the same.
- Reset your device to its factory default settings by pressing and holding the “Factory Reset” button. This reset process will correct all the incorrectly customized settings which will further resolve the Linksys Velop Setup issue.
- It might be possible that one of your devices is corrupt. Check for the same and if it is so, switch to a new device. You should invest in a higher version of the Linksys Velop model to avoid this kind of issue.
Linksys Velop Setup App Method Troubleshooting
If you are using the Linksys Velop Setup app to configure your Velop device, you can fix the issues using the tips we mentioned below:
- Check the Originality of the App
- Refresh or Re-launch the Linksys Velop App on Your Device
- Delete the Cache Files and Data of the Linksys Velop Setup App
- Uninstall and then Re-Install the App
- Make Sure the Device You Are Using for the Linksys Velop Setup is Malware-Free
- If Enabled, Disable VPN Proxy On Your Device
- Disable the Antivirus and Other Security Features on Your System
By following these troubleshooting hacks, you can readily get rid of the Linksys Velop Setup app issue if you are facing any. And in case, these troubleshooting hacks do not resolve the issue you are experiencing, you can contact our Linksys Customer Service Team. They will assist you with this.
Common Linksys Wifi Extender Setups
Some Issues You Might Face
- Linksys Extender Not working
- Linksys Blinking Red Light Issue
- Fix Linksys Blinking Orange Light
- Fix Linksys Yellow Light Issue
- Linksys Blinking Green Light issue
- Linksys App Not Working
- Linksys WiFi Extender Not Working
- Velop App Not Working
- Velop Devices Not Connecting To Closest Node
- Linksys Velop Connected But No Internet
- Linksys Velop Red Light Issue
If you are facing any issues then please contact us, and we will be happy to help you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Next, tap “Connect To Router” on the next screen and then select “Connect To Your Router.” Now, plug another node into an outlet near your router via an Ethernet cable–this will make sure that both devices are connected to each other as well as to your internet service provider (ISP).
- Open the Linksys app on your phone or tablet.
- Select the “Settings” option in the upper right corner of the app.
- Select “Wireless Settings” from the menu options in the left column of settings.
- Tap on the name of your Velop router that appears in the list below “Wireless Settings.”
This will open up a new screen with information about your router and its connection status, including whether or not it is connected to another device (like a modem) via Ethernet cable. If there are no devices connected to your Velop router’s Ethernet ports at this time (like modems or TVs), then tap “Disconnect” so that you can connect your phone/tablet directly to one of those ports instead (which will allow you to use it as an access point).
To reset your Linksys Velop router, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Reset button on the back of your Velop router for at least 10 seconds.
- While holding down the Reset button, unplug your device from its power source for 30 seconds.
- Plug your device back in and wait for 30 seconds before trying to connect to it again.