Facing Linksys Extender Blinking Green Light Issue?
Live Chat with our experts & get real-time answers to all your queries.
Call us to discuss your Linksys issues with our experts and get the solution.
Although the Linksys extender is an easy-to-use device, sometimes you may face inevitable errors while configuring or using it. In this case, you may need to reset or upgrade your extender, at that time you will notice a Linksys Extender Blinking Green Light sign. To perform these solutions, and reconfigure your extender, go through and make use of these straightforward tips.
Identify The Linksys Extender Malfunctioning Cause
Before starting the reset and firmware upgrade process, try to identify the causes behind this error. So that you can apply the appropriate solution to fix this. However, there may be any reason for this, so use these useful tips to recognize this.
- First, the distance between the extender and your existing router is too far.
- Your router may not provide a proper internet signal to the extender.
- More than that, the extender is getting interruptions in the signals after getting in touch with some metal or electronic gadgets.
- There may be a case that the extender is not getting an adequate electricity supply.
- You are using the connected device’s old web browser.
- Lastly, your extender is working on an outdated firmware version.
Thus, verify all these points precisely to proceed with the next process.
Upgrade The Linksys Extender Firmware
After analyzing the above-mentioned steps, if you are unable to fix or use your extender effectively, then execute this procedure.
In order to do this, check the extender’s current firmware version on the extender’s web-based setup page. Visit the Linksys extender login page to check this and use extender.linksys.com to do login. Following this, see the latest updates on that page according to your device model. If there is any available, download that file and save it to your PC.
Later, connect your PC to the extender using an ethernet cable. Always prefer to make a wired connection to follow this process hassle-free. After this, select the Firmware Upgrade option on the setup page and upload the latest firmware file there. Finally, start the procedure by clicking on the option and wait till the extender update the version.
Note: While updating the Extender’s Firmware, if you face the Linksys Extender Blinking Green Light indication, it means the process is going smoothly.
Reset The Linksys Extender Setup
In the final step, use the reset option if there is still any error in the extender’s working. But, to do this, disconnect your devices from the extender first. After that, utilize the rest of the points.
- Initially, locate the reset button on the extender.
- Press that button for 8 to 10 seconds till the LED change color.
- After getting the Linksys Extender Blinking Green Light notification, leave the extender and let it do the reset.
- Once the extender completes this process, do the reconfiguration.
Note: To configure your extender again, try to make a wired connection to your device. Besides that, place the extender, router, and device in the same place to get a strong and uninterrupted signal.
Reconfigure Your Linksys Extender
After following the reset option, you can use any method from the web-based, WPS, and Linksys App ways. Follow the directions stepwise here.
Web-Based Setup Method
For this procedure, use your connected device and its web browser to go to the setup page. And make use of these tips.
- Use or open a web browser on your device.
- Then, in the search bar insert the extender’s default web address.
- The default web address is extender.linksys.com.
- Instead of the web address, you can use the extender’s default IP address.
- As you tap enter, the web browser will automatically show you the login page.
- Further, use admin in the required box and click Login.
- On the next page, choose your connection type and start the Setup Process.
- Afterward, follow the on-screen instructions till the last step.
- As a result, you will be able to finish the configuration process.
WiFi-Protected Setup Method
In addition to that process, you can make use of the WPS buttons of the extender and your existing router as well. Ensure that your router’s WPS is functioning perfectly. To begin with, plug your extender into an electric power socket and turn the switch ON. Now, push the extender’s WPS button until the LED change color.
Whereas, within the next two minutes, switch the router’s WPS button. Furthermore, let the extender make a connection to the router and it will take some minutes. After doing this, the LEDs on both devices will change, indicating that the installation is successful.
Launch Linksys Smart App On Your Device
Asides from these two methods, you can install the Linksys official app on your device to execute the extender configuration. Launch that app on your android, iOS, or PC from the app store. As you open the app after installing it, this will ask you to fill in the login credentials.
Fill in the username and password in the box and move further. Use the app instructions to complete the process easier and select the network that you want to extend. Interestingly, you can make changes in the extender settings and set a strong password to make the network secure.
Hence, in these ways, you can make your extender ready to use after configuring it conveniently.
To Sum Up
We hope that after using these tips, you will be able to analyze the Linksys extender blinking green light case. Indeed you can eliminate the errors and make the extender trouble-free through these ways. Therefore, use your Linksys device effectively and enjoy the highest internet speed.