How To Use The Linksys Smart WiFi Setup Wizard For Linksys Router Setup
Live Chat with our experts & get real-time answers to all your queries.
Call us to discuss your Linksys issues with our experts and get the solution.
Linksys Smart WiFi Setup Wizard For Linksys Router Setup: Linksys is a big brand in the domain of wireless WiFi networking. It is famous for its exceptional innovative products including routers, extenders, and Velops. These all devices perform incredibly well, but they first need to be set up to function at the peak of their potential.
There are various options a user can set up a Linksys Router device. Linksys Smart WiFi Setup is one of those. In fact, this is the easiest and quickest way to execute the setup after the WPS method. Here, in this article, we will explore how to use the Linksys Smart WiFi Setup Wizard for Linksys Router Setup. Let’s get started without any delay!
Basic Requirements For Linksys Smart WiFi Setup
Before you indulge in the process of Linksys Smart WiFi Setup, you must know about the setup prerequisites. There are a few things that you must have for the setup process. Below is the complete list.
- A Linksys Router Device
- A Host Modem or Router Modem With Stable Internet Connection
- One or More Ethernet Cables (depending on the nodes you want to add to your network)
- An Active and Fault-Free Power Outlet
- A Power Extension (in case the power outlet is far from the location where you settle the router)
- WiFi Network Details (SSID and Network Key)
- Linksys Router Login Credentials (Username and Password)
- An Ideal Place to Settle the Linksys Router
- A Client Device to Access the Linksys Smart WiFi Setup Wizard Portal (Computer, Mobile, or Laptop)
- Linksys Smart WiFi App Installed on Your Phone (if you are using the app)
Using Linksys Smart WiFi Setup Wizard For Linksys Router Setup
The Linksys Smart WiFi Setup Wizard-based router setup process on Windows is super simple. The steps are easy and clear. However, you will still require guidance or even technical assistance to perform your Linksys Router Setup using the Linksys Smart WiFi Setup Wizard. For now, try the following steps to configure your Linksys router.
Steps to Perform the Router Login Using the Linksys Smart WiFi Setup Wizard
- Settle your Linksys Router in a place where internet signals are strong. Read the placement instructions in the manual for placing your device at an ideal location at your home or office.
- Make the connection between your host modem or router modem and Linksys Router. Use an ethernet cable to do that. A wireless connection may not work perfectly for you.
- After that, plug in the Linksys Router to an active power socket and turn on the router device.
- Wait for the power LED to get stable and then connect the Linksys router to your computer, laptop, or smartphone device via WiFi connection. Make sure to connect to the right network.
- Once the connection between the router and client device has been made successfully, access the browser and enter linksyssmartwifi.com in the search bar. The Linksys Smart WiFi login window will appear in the next few seconds.
- You may use the 192.168.1.1 or myrouter.local web addresses if you are unable to access the Smart WiFi Login portal.
- Now, log into your Linksys Router account using either the default login credentials or the existing ones.
Linksys Smart WiFi Setup Steps
- Once you have successfully logged into your Linksys Router account, you need to click the checkbox to agree on the terms and conditions of the Linksys.
- Locate the Smart WiFi Setup option if you want to set up your Linksys Router using the Smart WiFi Wizard feature. You can also bypass the Smart WiFi Setup and select the manual configuration.
- Create a network name for your Linksys WiFi router. Use the characters or letters that you can remember readily.
- Set up a new strong password for your Linksys Router network. The password should be a strong combination of special characters, alphabets, and digits.
- If there is an option for password hit, set up the same for future use.
- That’s all. You have successfully completed the Linksys Smart WiFi Setup. You will get a notification for the same.
Router Setup Using the Linksys Smart WiFi App
Linksys Router Setup via Linksys Smart WiFi App is not a completely different process. In fact, most steps are the same. The only difference will be the different platforms. So, if you have ever executed the Linksys Router Setup using the web portal of the Linksys Smart WiFi Setup Wizard, you will not face difficulty performing the app-based setup. All you have to do differently is to download and install the Linksys Smart WiFi app on your client’s device.
For your convenience, we have listed down the Linksys Smart WiFi App-Based Setup steps below:
- Download and install the Linksys Smart WiFi App on your client device. Ensure that your device is compatible with the app. If it is not, switch to another client device.
- Settle your Linksys Router in a better network place
- Make a firm connection between the host device and the router using the ethernet wire.
- Supply the power to your Linksys Router device and then press the power button on it.
- Connect to the client device via a wireless connection.
- Launch the Linksys Smart WiFi app on your smartphone.
- Tick the checkbox to accept the terms and conditions of Linksys.
- Log into your Linksys Router account using the correct login credentials.
- Select the network and set the bandwidth.
- Set up a new network name and password for future use.
- Set up a password hint as well if prompted.
- Your Linksys Smart WiFi setup through the app has been successful.
By following the above-mentioned Linksys Smart WiFi Setup Wizard steps, you can readily complete your Linksys Router Setup. In case you meet any obstacles during the setup process, you can always consider approaching our technical support experts. They will attend to your queries and provide you with a perfect solution.