The Ultimate Guide to Linksys Extender
Live Chat with our experts & get real-time answers to all your queries.
Call us to discuss your Linksys issues with our experts and get the solution.
Did you know that the incorrect Linksys AC1200 setup process significantly impacts its performance? It’s true! If you are not able to set up your Linksys router properly, you will always struggle with weak signals. And you try to find out the reasons as you think you have done set up procedure correctly.
But some minor mistakes can lead to major problems later. Explore this guide and learn the exact ways to set up your Linksys AC1200 router.
Check it out!
Linksys AC1200 – Complete Setup Process
Over the years, the wifi router installation process has become easier but if you want to get the most out of your router, you have to deeply understand it. A blinking green light on the router doesn’t mean everything is fine. You can still face performance issues if your setup is not properly done. Follow the steps below and optimize your wifi network.
Let’s begin the procedure
- The first and foremost step is internet connectivity. To begin the AC1200 setup process, check your internet connection. Connect your device to the modem to get internet directly. If there is an issue with the connectivity, ask your ISP to fix it first, otherwise, you will not be able to accomplish the setup process properly.
- Once done with the internet connection, begin the setup procedure. You will see 5 ports on your Linksys AC1200 router. One port is for the Internet and the other four are to connect the devices. So, do the needful.
- Connect the modem and router and turn them ON.
- Use the Linksys official website to start the setup process. Enter this in your browser and the setup page will open. The instructions given on the setup page just follow them as directed. It will start by entering the login credentials.
- Finally, the setup process has been completed. Connect your devices to the newly configured wifi network. Enjoy a fast and reliable internet connection throughout your entire space.
Linksys AC1200 – Placement Matters
The placement of the router impacts the performance of wifi. There are many advantages to choosing the right location for your router. The wifi coverage has widened to provide fast signal strength. It effectively eliminates the dead zones and keeps the network devices connected. It also removes the interruption that occurs due to electrical appliances.
Which is the perfect location to place the router? It is always recommended to place the router at the central location. The distance between the extender and the router should be the least. Always try to place your device, router, and extender in the same place for better coverage. Moreover, to get signals from every corner of your house always put the router at a higher position. The reason for this is the router spreads signals in the downward direction. So, avoid placing the router directly on the floor.
Keep your router away from electric appliances and metallic objects as these overlap with the signals. These devices include gaming consoles, Bluetooth devices, ovens, and so on.
Now you are equipped with enough information about the Linksys AC1200 setup. Follow the above steps, set up your router correctly, and enjoy seamless connectivity.