6 Steps for Linksys RE7000 Setup
Live Chat with our experts & get real-time answers to all your queries.
Tap below to discuss your Linksys issues with our experts and get the solution.
Here’s are the 6 steps for Linksys RE7000 setup:
Setting up the Linksys RE7000 WiFi range extender is a quick and easy process that can help you extend the range of your existing WiFi network. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you get started.
- Connect the extender:- Connect the Linksys RE7000 range extender to a power outlet and wait for the LED indicator to turn solid amber.
- Access the setup page:- Using a computer or mobile device, connect to the WiFi network broadcast by the extender. Open a web browser and navigate to the setup page at http://extender.linksys.com.
- Choose the setup method:- Once you’re on the setup page, select the setup method you want to use. You can choose between “Range Extender” mode and “Access Point” mode.
- Follow the prompts:- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process. You’ll need to select your existing WiFi network and enter its password, as well as configure the extender’s network settings. You may also be prompted to create a Linksys Smart Wi-Fi account if you don’t already have one.
- Position the extender:- Once the setup is complete, position the Linksys RE7000 range extender in a location where it can provide the best possible coverage. The ideal location is typically halfway between your existing WiFi router and the area where you need extended coverage.
- Test your connection:- Finally, test your connection to ensure that your devices are able to connect to the extender’s network and that the signal is strong and stable.
That’s it! Following these simple steps should enable you to set up your Linksys RE7000 WiFi range extender and improve the coverage and performance of your existing WiFi network. If you encounter any issues during the setup process, consult the Linksys user manual or contact customer support for assistance.