Change Network Name Of The Extender
Live Chat with our experts & get real-time answers to all your queries.
Call us to discuss your Linksys issues with our experts and get the solution.
After setting up and connecting the Linksys extender, the consideration is to give the network name a unique identity. Clearly, there will be a need to change the extender network’s name. But, don’t know how? Don’t panic as this page’s information will make the process simple for you and enable you to change the network name of the extender trouble-free.
Connect Extender And Router Together
In the first place, attach the extender to the existing router to perform the further process of password changing. To do this, use an ethernet wire to make a stable, reliable, and wired connection. Insert the ethernet wire ends into the extender’s ethernet port and the remaining end into the router’s port. Alternatively, you can choose wireless connectivity instead of wired one.
How To Change SSID Network Name?
To make changes in the network SSID name, first, you will need to log in to the web-based setup portal of the extender.
- To begin with, attach any device to the extender network either through a wire or wirelessly.
- Open the web browser on the same device and use the IP or web address to reach the setup portal.
- Ensure that the web browser is of the latest version and that the web or IP address is accurate.
- Next, execute the extender’s login process by filling in the username and password in the prompted field.
- After that, go to the wireless settings on the next on-screen page of the device.
- Then, the wireless network settings options will appear on the device’s display.
- Insert the new or desired SSID network name in the required field and click enter.
Change Name For Both Frequency Bands
After entering the change password in the field, follow the same approach for another frequency band. As this is necessary to update both bands’ network names to get a different name in the list. So, modify the network name for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands. Also, don’t skip to click on the save button to apply all those changes. Doing so might discard the connection between the device and the extender. So, you will need to connect them again to the extender network.
Facing Troubles While Changing The Name?
In any case, if you experience any issues while doing the network name-changing process, then utilize these tips.
- Verify the wired connection between the router and extender.
- Also, check the wireless connection of the device and extender.
- Make sure the extender and router are getting the proper electricity supply.
- Ensure that you have entered the accurate login credentials.
- Moreover, use the default web or IP address while accessing the page.
- Lastly, the extender must be configured in the right way.
In any case, if the above-mentioned tips do not work for you, then don’t worry just choose the device’s reset option. For this method, discard the connections from the network first. Push the reset button from the device panel and let it complete the process. Once it is done, execute the configuration process of the device and then create a new SSID network. Hence, you will get an option to change the WiFi name on that page. Set the WiFi network name that you want and also set a strong password as well.
How can we help?
In case you still experience issues with the “change network name of the extender” process, then contact our experts to resolve that. Choose any method from contacting processes such as calling and mailing. Dial +1 716-992-6370 or drop your doubts at email@example.com.