How To Reset Linksys Velop?
Live Chat with our experts & get real-time answers to all your queries.
Call us to discuss your Linksys issues with our experts and get the solution.
No doubt, the technical glitches in the Linksys velop network lead you to face the network’s malfunctioning. Also, you might be unable to fix that even after using some common troubleshooting tips. In that case, resetting the Linksys velop can be necessary to get the error clear. In this blog, we will discuss the velop reset process and some other related points, so read them carefully.
Possible Reasons Behind The Velop Errors
Prior to executing the reset process, try to check some common causes first, as resetting the velop will discard the configured settings. And you will require to do the Linksys velop setup again. Go through these points and verify them separately.
- The Linksys velop is not in the range of other nodes due to maximum distance.
- Another Linksys node keeps disconnecting from the main node due to some interruptions.
- The ethernet wires or ports of velop and nodes are broken and not functioning properly.
- Velop and nodes both are placed imperfectly and require the best placement.
- The firmware version of the Linksys velop is outdated on which it is running currently.
- There can be a requirement to change the Velop’s wireless advanced settings.
Use These Troubleshooting Tips
While checking those above-mentioned points, if you find any point from them is making the error, then apply some resolving points. Ensure the velop and the other nodes are getting proper electricity supply from the power sockets. The power and ethernet cables must be in working condition. The placement of both devices should be minimal and placed ideally without any signal interruptions. More than that, check for the latest firmware update and install it immediately if there is any available on http//extender.linksys.com. If everything fails, then try to reset the Linksys velop.
Reset The Linksys Velop
To do the reset process, you can choose any option from the two processes. Such as from the web management portal or by pressing the reset button from Velop’s panel. Check both procedures and do reset later.
Reset From Management Portal
In this process, there will be a need to access the web management window on your networked device. Reach out to that page by searching the Linksys web or IP address on the web browser. Thereafter, go to the wireless settings and then select the Factory Default option under administration. Click on that option to reset the Velop but make sure to collect the configured details first.
Push The Reset Button
In another process, you can use the reset button from the velop’s bottom panel. So, let the velop plug in and press that button and use a paper clip if there is any requirement. The LED on the panel will indicate that the process is ongoing. After doing this, do the Linksys velop setup again either through the Linksys WiFi app or from the web setup portal.
Configure The Linksys Velop
Once you are done with the reset process, do its installation again perfectly to use the network. Plug in the Velop and attach other nodes with it using the ethernet wires. Keep in mind to verify the working of the power cable, socket, and ethernet wires before starting the process. Later, use the remaining points from here.
- Connect any device to the Linksys network either with an ethernet cable or wirelessly.
- Then, install the Linksys WiFi application on that device using its app store.
- Install the app from the Google Play Store on your Android mobile.
- Whereas, use the Apple App Store if you are currently using an iOS device.
- After that, open the app and do the login process with the velop’s default username and password.
- Here you will require to use the default login credentials as older settings are discarded during the reset process.
- Later, set up the Linksys velop through the directions shown on the app screen.
- Now, change the placement of the node and place them where you get slow internet speed and weak signals.
- Connect your other devices to the Linksys network to enjoy the fastest internet speed.
- Choose the wireless network from your device’s networks list and insert the password in the field.
- In another way, insert the ethernet wire ends into your device and velop’s ports.
Thus, you will be successful in resetting the Linksys velop and configuring it in the right sequence. However, if you need more help with your product, get in touch with our Linksys technical experts. Call us right away or drop your queries through the mail.