Linksys Access Point Setup
Live Chat with our experts & get real-time answers to all your queries.
Write to our experts and they will get to you in the least possible time.
In this Linksys access point setup, an access point is connected directly to a cable LAN and offers an internet connection point for WiFi users. If more than one access point is joined to the LAN, users can change it from one area to another to get the facility without losing the internet connection. Read this full page to learn all the information about the ap mode. Let’s jump into the process,
Linksys Access Point Setup- LED Status
- Green blinking means the Linksys device is booting up.
- Solid Green represents System is normal; no wireless devices are connected.
- The blue blinking process of the software upgrade is in progress.
- The Blue solid System is normal; at least one wireless device is connected.
How To Do Linksys Access Point Setup?
- First, place the Linksys device in an electrical socket.
- As of now, you will need to connect your mobile phone or computer to the Linksys app setup-xxx. It is the Linksys default SSID. Your WiFi gadget must be connected to this network to start the Linksys access point setup process. (xxx- is the last three digits of the access point of the MAC address. The MAC address of the access point is located on the tag or the back of the Linksys gadget.
- Now, you will need to launch a web browser and enter the web address extender.linksys.com or an IP address 192.168.1.1 in the find bar to launch the setup. Tap on setup.
- Next, make and confirm the admin password. You can also make a password hint which will help you to remember a security password for future use, but this process is optional and not compulsory to do.
- After that, join an ethernet cable from the main router to the Linksys device and wait until the ethernet LED comes into solid green. Solid green LED indicates that this has obtained an IP address from the existing router.
- Further, select the wired range extender (access point) option, then tap on next. (To expand the options you may need to click on the blue drop-down arrow. If you don’t join the ethernet cable from your Linksys device to the router then we suggest you connect it.)
- Make your access point to extend the network SSID and security password, and tap Next once the step is done.
How To Improve Linksys Device Performance
There are many ways by which you can easily improve the performance of Linksys devices in less time. Read the lower methods one by one.
Swap Linksys Extender Device Placement
Due to improper placement of the Linksys extender device you can face slow-speed or internet problems after doing the Linksys access point setup process. We suggest you locate your Linksys velop device near the router but not near the electronic gadget. Electronic gadget absorbs all the WiFi signals which come from the extender and router device.
Upgrade Linksys Device Firmware
- Initially go to the web management page of Linksys device.
- Now, fill in all that details relevantly which shows on the display page.
- Further, pick the firmware upgrade option under the administration option.
- In the end, wait for a short while to download the latest firmware file of the Linksys device on your computer or laptop.
Note: If you are facing an issue in your Linksys device then follow the lower method.
Reset Linksys Device
By pressing the reset hole button you can easily fix any type of Linksys issue. The reset hole button is located on the back side of the Linksys device. Make sure you don’t push the reset button with force. Otherwise, your Linksys device will be damaged.
Note: After doing the reset process, you will need to do the Linksys access point setup process again.
With the help of this Linksys access point setup page, you will learn all the basic information. If you are having any type of question regarding the Linksys device in your mind then you will need to contact our Linksys team experts by email or by phone number.