Extending Your Network Range: Linksys RE6500 Setup Explained
Live Chat with our experts & get real-time answers to all your queries.
Call us to discuss your Linksys issues with our experts and get the solution.
Sick of not getting your work done on time because of the slow speed of your internet?
Linksys can help you with that. In these modern times, everything you do requires the internet, especially after the pandemic. It is very difficult to survive the slow speed when businesses and jobs are running on the very basis of the internet. Work from home, the new concept that came into existence at the time of covid required a stable connection even at home.
Since then, the Internet era has taken a huge turn and become the only basis of every existing business, learning, schooling, and entertainment. So every person who wants to be up to date has to have a stable and fast connection to the internet. Then comes Linksys which provides a faster and better experience of the internet.
Linksys RE6500 is a Wi-Fi Range Extender that provides the required speed for all of your devices. It covers a wider area along with an uninterrupted internet connection. You just have to get your Linksys Re6500 and you’re halfway done with the process. However, every step of the procedure is crucial, it is also very simple and easy.
Things Required Before Beginning
The procedure to get started with your Linksys RE6500 extender is simple and easy. You need to take care of a few things before that.
- Before beginning, you just need to make sure that you have either a 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz Wi-Fi connection.
- An available power outlet should be ready to use to plug in the extender.
- Router’s Wi-Fi settings with your SSID and password.
Let’s Get Started With The Extender
After ensuring that we have everything you need, you can start with the initial steps.
- Placement of the extender – The first step is to decide on an appropriate place for your extender. You need to ensure that your extender is not near any walls or electromagnetic devices like baby monitors or speakers. The ideal place is the center of the house where it can cover the whole house properly.
- Login Options – Login is a very easy part of this process. You just have to decide the method you want to go with for your login. You can visit the official site of Linksys and fill in your SSID and password which can be found written on the label of your extender. Downloading the mobile app is also an option. The easiest method is to connect your extender with our host device via WPS. But the tricky part is that your host device should have the WPS feature.
Step-by-Step Guide To Set up
The Linksys RE6500 setup is a very crucial step in the procedure. But you can find all the help for this in case you face any issues. You can find the steps in the User Manual Guide or visit the official site. Another option is to call the Linksys Technical Support Team. The team is always available for your help and will be there with you in no time.
- Plug in your Extender and wait for the light to turn orange. It can take some time which is very common so you do not have to worry.
- Choose a computer or mobile for setting up your extender.
- Log in with the method that you must have decided before.
- Click on the Setup button, sign up, and save it for further use.
- Select the name of your extender.
- Wait for a few seconds and it will get connected automatically. In case it does not, then you can type the name of your extender manually.
- Connect it with your device via Wi-Fi.
- The last step is to restart your device to make sure that your extender is working properly and does not have any interruptions.