Linksys RE7000 Setup Made Easy: A Beginner’s Guide
Live Chat with our experts & get real-time answers to all your queries.
Call us to discuss your Linksys issues with our experts and get the solution.
Linksys is said to be the most trusted name in the world of wireless Wi-Fi network connection. In these modern times, the internet is required even for the fulfilment of your basic needs. So, you need a strong connection for a faster and better internet speed. Linksys is a reliable option for that. It provides you with all the speed and broad coverage without any hassle if you set it up in an appropriate way. Although the setup and login are the main concern here you do not have to worry about that. The procedure is easy to understand and our technical team is always available and happy to help.
Prerequisites for Login and Setup
There are two ways to do Linksys RE7000 setup. While you have the best option of setting up the device as a range extender, you will always have the option to configure the device as an Access Point.
Setting up your extender is a smooth sailing process. You can start with it right away after getting your hands on the Linksys RE7000. However, the only thing you have to keep in mind is that you have a few things available before beginning with the setup.
- You should have an active 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz Wi-Fi connection.
- Router’s Wi-Fi settings including your SS ID, and password.
Here are a few steps for the Linksys RE7000 Setup:
- Plug your Linksys extender into an available and working outlet.
- Now you should wait for the light to turn orange. It can take a few minutes which is very common. You just have to be a little patient.
- You can use a computer or a mobile to connect your device to Linksys RE7000’s default Wi-Fi name. It will be under the name of Linksys Extender Setup. You have to be careful with this part as it is a very crucial step in the setup process.
- Choose a device, either a computer or a mobile, open a browser, and visit the official site of Linksys. You can enter the IP address which is 192.168.1.1 in the address bar to access the login portal.
Actual Setup Procedure
- Click Setup, create a login ID and password, and save it.
- As soon as it shows you a few options, click on the “As a Wireless Range Extender” option and proceed.
- After that, select your existing Wi-Fi name and enter your password as soon as the login interface appears on the screen. Moreover, do not forget to verify the SSID of your networks if you have a dual-band network. But, if you don’t have a dual-band network, then wait for a few seconds. If you have a hidden SSID then you can manually enter your ID and password. Or else, wait for a few seconds to connect it automatically.
- Lastly, you can create an SSID and password for your Linksys Extender.
- The Spot Finder tells you about the signal strength between your range extender and your router. You can see it only on Range Extender Mode.
At the end of the process, your device will automatically check for the latest available firmware and update it.
And you’re all set to experience a faster and better connection that provides you with an uninterrupted supply of internet for all your needs. It can be your work, gaming, or entertainment. Linksys will not disappoint you as long as it is connecting and performing well. Technical Experts are also there for your assistance in case you face any very rare issues. They can guide you through the process and make your journey with Linksys Extender a seamless one.