Linksys Velop Setup With Existing Router: Web-Based Method
Live Chat with our experts & get real-time answers to all your queries.
Call us to discuss your Linksys issues with our experts and get the solution.
Linksys has a dedicated Smart WiFi management mobile app which is available on Play Stores and App Stores. Users can make use of this versatile application for various purposes. They can have complete control over the accessibility and management settings of their Linksys WiFi Network. Also, they can readily complete the login and setup formalities by using this app. However, there are many users who do not prefer using this app due to their own reasons. Maybe you are one of those since you are hovering on this page. If so, you need not worry as you can perform various functions including Linksys Velop setup with existing router. Linksys also has provided its users with a dedicated web-based WiFi management portal. You can use it to perform similar functions that you can do on the app.
In this blog post, we will walk you through how to execute the Linksys Velop Setup with existing router. By completing this reading, you will be able to perform the web-based Linksys setup easily.
Accessing the Linksys Web-UI WiFi Network Management Portal
To do Linksys Velop Setup with existing router, you will first have to access the Linksys web-based WiFi network management portal. It is not a tough task. You simply need the right web address or the IP address of the Linksys Velop setup portal. Use either the phrase “LinksysSmartWiFi” or 192.168.1.1 on a search engine. This action will take you to the web interface of the Linksys Velop setup online portal where you can perform the setup.
Generally, Linksys provides all the important information in the manual. You may find the manual within your Linksys Velop kit. Have a deep look at it. You will most likely come to know about the details of performing the Linksys Velop Setup with existing router using a web URL. You can use this information to lead a smooth, seamless, and efficient Linksys Velop setup process.
Prerequisites For the Linksys Velop Setup With Existing Router
Before you get rolling with the Linksys Velop configuration process, it is crucial to learn about the prerequisites. If you don’t have knowledge about it, you will experience unwanted obstructions and delays during the process. For your convenience, we have listed down the complete requirements for the Linksys Velop Setup:
- A Linksys Velop Device
- Additional Velop Nodes If You Wish to Add More
- A Host Router With a Fast and Reliable Internet Connection
- Login Credentials of the Linksys Velop Device
- An Ethernet Wire to Run From the Velop to Host Router
- A Working Electrical Wall Socket With Sufficient Voltage
- One Good-Condition Computer, Desktop, or Mobile Device
- A Place Within Your Space Where Strong Network Signals Present
Linksys Velop Setup Process With the Use of a Web Portal
To start the Linksys Velop Setup with existing router and complete it seamlessly, you will first need to ensure that you have all the prerequisites covered. If anything is missing from the list we have outlined above, arrange it right away. After that, you can get rolling into the Linksys WiFi extender setup process. Below are the steps that you will need to follow for a successful Linksys Velop setup.
Steps to Perform the Linksys Velop Setup With Existing Router
- Place Your Linksys Velop Device Off the Floor and Away From the Walls (the position should be in the central place of your space)
- Trail the Ethernet Wire From Your Linksys Velop to Your Host Router or Modem and Connect it Firmly to Both Devices
- Ensure Your Host Device is Plugged In and Working Properly (also check if it has an active internet supply)
- Attach the Power Cable to the Power Port of Your Linksys Velop and Then Plug the Adapter into a Power Wall Socket
- Power On the Velop Device and then Connect Your Internet-Enabled Device to Its Wireless WiFi Network Using the WiFi Settings
- Visit the Linksys Smart WiFi or 192.168.1.1 Velop Setup Portal By Using a Web Browser Like Google Chrome or Bing
- Do the Sign-In to the Linksys Velop Using the Relevant Credentials (you can use either the default or existing Linksys extender login credentials)
- Choose the Network that You Want to Set Up By Recognising the SSID of the Linksys Velop
- Set Up New Linksys Velop Login ID and Network Key By Following the Password Creation Instructions
- Take the Linksys Velop Setup Process Further By Following the Instructions Given On Your Device’s Screen
The Linksys Velop setup with existing router will be completed in the next few seconds. You need to restart the device so that you can receive the ultimate performance.
Approach Linksys Velop Support Experts For Assistance
In case the above-explained process of the Linksys Velop setup with existing router do not help you much or you get Velop Devices Not Connecting To Closest Node issue, you can contact the Linksys Velop support experts. They will assist and guide you throughout the complete Linksys Velop setup process.