Change WiFi Password
Live Chat with our experts & get real-time answers to all your queries.
Write to our experts and they will get to you in the least possible time.
After networking the WiFi device successfully, there will be a need to set a different password for it. In fact, to avoid the network from misusage, you must change it frequently. As this will also help to optimize the network performance due to the limited users of the network. So, utilize these “Change WiFi Password” tips to set or retrieve the network passphrase.
Why Change The WiFi Password?
From improving network security to preventing hackers, there are several reasons why there is a need to change the password often. To make the WiFi network stronger and unique, it is necessary to modify the passphrase. More than that, when you change the password, all the connected devices will be logged out. As a result, the external users will be lost the connection and the network will only have connectivity with your own devices.
Tips To Change Password
While changing the WiFi network password, ensure to add some capital, special, numeric letters, and characters. So, it becomes hard to guess the password for others. Clearly, it will helps you to stop unwanted users and usage of the network. Also, don’t include your name and special date in the password. Lastly, note down the new password somewhere to use it later. Also, set the hint for the password that you create for the network.
How To Change Linksys WiFi Password
To make some modifications to the WiFi network password, access the device’s web browser and go to the advanced settings.
- Firstly, open any updated web browser on the networked device.
- Use the modem’s default web or IP address to visit the setup page.
- As you visit the setup page, perform the login process first.
- Fill in the modem’s accurate login credentials and click Sign-in.
- After doing this, go to the advanced settings and then the wireless option.
- Click wireless security and edit the passphrase option on that page.
- Insert the existing password in the field and fill in the new one also.
- Moreover, set the password hint in the field to remember the password.
- Lastly, connect your devices to the network again and use the new password.
- In this way, the unwanted connected devices wil be lost connectivity.
Forgot The Password? Reset The Modem
Don’t worry if you forgot the network password and now are not able to retrieve it. Don’t waste your time on this, instead reset the modem to solve this issue.
- Disconnect all devices from the modem that are networked currently.
- Later, look over the modem’s panel to find the reset button on it.
- Once you find that, press that button softly for a short while.
- Keep checking its LED indication as the blinking light will notify you about the ongoing process.
- Leave the modem for some time and wait till the reset light turn constant and stable.
- Soon, the solid light will tell you that the reset process is successfully complete now.
- After doing this, configure the modem again by using the smart app or visiting the web-based setup portal.
- As a result, the WiFi network password will reset and you will be able to change it later.
- Lastly, set an uncommon password than the older one and make your network safe.
How can we help?
Thus, create the latest and uncommon password for your WiFi network by using these valuable tips. Also, we hope that you will be successful to get points for how to change Linksys WiFi password in less time and effort. If these points are not sufficient and do not work for your network, then take another solution from our technicians. Simply dial +1-408-477-8750 or drop queries at email@example.com.